Controls Reliability Engineer
The Product Development Department is part of Daikin EMEA Headquarters. The section where you would work designs the electrical controls of the machines and develops (mobile) applications for the various Daikin (HVAC) pillars and factories in Europe. In our domain of expertise, we target to be the knowledge center for Daikin EMEA. Based in the Technology Park in Ghent, the academic heart of Innovation in Belgium, the Development Center focusses on developing cutting-edge technologies. We pioneer for Daikin in introducing Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine technologies in a high-tech environment.
Descriptif du poste
- Your main objective is to contribute to setting high reliability standards for all of our HVAC control systems. In close interaction with your colleagues from the Sales and Service After Sales departments, you commit to the definition and improvement of existing and future HVAC-controls.
- Through your contacts with key-players in the market, you structure all relevant input in order to define product specifications and product standards. From the perspective of reliability, you coordinate product development processes, you define methods, assign budgets and other resources to the involved teams. An important part of your time is dedicated to the follow-up of the development process and the definition of test scenarios. While doing so, you apply risk management tools and techniques (FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, Root Cause Analysis etc.) You are key player in preparation of reliability predictions for electronic and mechanical assemblies.
- You improve the overall field reliability of our HVAC solutions by giving support to our Field Engineers, for all hardware and software related problems. You report to the management, presenting progress reports, technical issues, strategic choices and general market evolutions.
- You have a Master Degree or PhD in Engineering, with a specific interest in process improvement and development of software tools. Knowledge of risk management tools and techniques is an absolute asset.
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines.
- This vacancy is open to candidates with relevant experience of at least 5 years in a related field of expertise.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader, which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits. Location: Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 19, 9052 Gent
Lieu de travail
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East. We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques. In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.