As an Environmental Research Specialist,
you will be part of the Daikin Belux organization. Daikin Belux’s head office is in Wavre and there are satellite offices in Ghent & Herentals.
As a main responsibility, you will follow up the progress of upcoming or revised environmental, climate and safety tendencies that may influence our business. This includes:
- Active participation to workgroups and committees in order to give advice and support concerning European and International standards, directives & regulations
- This includes your active participation to trade & professional association meetings, to stakeholder meetings organized by governments, to NGO meetings and cooperation with external consultants.
- Offering advice to several knowledge centers and universities with support of Daikin Belux & Daikin Europe specialists.
- Advocacy for alignment national regulations towards European standards & regulations
- Examples of topics
- Product scope : heat pumps, air conditioning, refrigeration, air purification, ventilation, …
- Carbon neutral targets
- Energy efficiency units & buildings
- You will share Daikin’s vision and actions to become a carbon neutral company by 2050 with policy makers in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg, to support a forward-looking and sustainable policy towards stake holders on the market
- Example : the interaction between heat pumps and other renewable energy solutions
- Offering advice to several knowledge centers with support of Daikin Belux & Daikin Europe specialists.
- Support to European & international related advocacy.
- Being a contact to various departments in Daikin Belux and Daikin Europe, and to other companies of the Daikin group
- You hold a master’s diploma and have a strong interest in the domain of environmental and safety aspects.
- Added value if you can rely on experience within the building sector and /or in the HVACR sector
- As a diplomatic person, you have good social and communicative skills.
- You are learning-minded and you have a clear interest in environmental matters.
- You are used to work in a pro-active and punctual way, independently as well as in team.
- Good knowledge of Dutch/French and English is necessary.
- Travel is part of the job (25 – 30%)
A salary in line with your experience and responsibilities, complemented with fringe benefits. You will work at an international market leader that stimulates people to grow and work together. This is a position with considerable growth prospects in the European headquarters of an international thinking and operating organization.
Interested to join our team?
Send your letter of application and CV to
- or Daikin A/C Belgium – av. Franklin, 1b – 1300 Wavre